For our clients who operate in grams, we want to make it as easy as possible for you to quantify the paper weight of your print project. Use this chart as a convenient tool to make conversions based on the most common paper weight conversions for lbs to gsm.
Below are some of the paper weights PrintLogic offers in both Standard American Weight and Metric Weight.
STANDARD BASIS WEIGHT (lbs) / GRAMS/SQUARE METER (gsm)
1) 20lb Bond/Writing/Ledger = 75 gsm
2) 24lb Bond/Writing/Ledger = 90 gsm
3) 28lb Bond/Writing/Ledger = 105 gsm
4) 32lb Bond/Writing/Ledger = 120 gsm
5) 50lb Book/Text/Offset = 75 gsm
6) 60lb Book/Text/Offset = 90 gsm
7) 70lb Book/Text/Offset = 105 gsm
8) 80lb Book/Text/Offset = 120 gsm
9) 100lb Book/Text/Offset = 150 gsm
10) 65lb Cover = 175 gsm
11) 80lb Cover = 215 gsm
12) 100lb Cover = 270 gsm
13) 130lb Cover = 350 gsm
1lb. of Text paper = 1.48 gsm. Multiply each pound of text paper by 1.48.
1 lb. of Cover paper = 2.708 gsm. Multiply each pound of cover paper by 2.708.
80lb. text = 118.4 gsm
80lb. cover = 216.64 gsm